February 12th is President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday.
Lincoln was a bold president that exemplified leadership in adversity. His management during the Civil War was pivotal in restoring the United States. He faced opposition not only from the South, but from leaders within his own party. He failed in politics many times before his presidency, but held office in a turbulent time to become one of the greatest presidents in United States history.
The troubles he faced bred wisdom, and he shared that wisdom with the world. Here are just a few of my favorite quotes from Lincoln:
1. “I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.”
2. “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
3. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
4. “The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.”
5. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
These are profound words that are still applicable today. Take them to heart, and have a wonderful day!
Thanks for reading!